Rated 2 out of 5 by 3
Rated 1 out of 5 by gdawilson Don't Buy!
This was the second Walkman device I've owned and it's a major step-back from the previous (now discontinued model NWZ-E464) that I had.
The battery life is half of what my original model had. The display, and the general look and feel of the device was amazing but Sony changed things around on this model. The display is hazy and not very clear. It's slow to react to the pressing of buttons.
I do not recommend this product, or any Sony product from here-on-out, as I purchased this product (over the phone) and when it arrived it had some scratches on it.
I reached out to Sony and they will not take it back.
July 13, 2015
Rated 1 out of 5 by YYCMusic A big step backwards for Walkman
I received this model from Sony as a replacement for an un-fixable older Walkman MP3 player. All of the features that were positive or useful on the old model (creating playlists on the go, a slide-lock, browsing to other songs on an album from shuffle mode, an OK screen, even just resuming a playlist or album from where it last left off) have disappeared. The sound quality is poor. I have owned only Walkmans over the last 30 years but this is quite likely the last one. A disappointing product and experience.
July 21, 2014
Rated 4 out of 5 by StrayFeral Good player, but needs software improvements!
Nice player and very easy to use (I never bothered to read the user manual). I got it one week ago and yesterday got another for my wife. However the software needs to be improved!!
- Please fix unlock time - 2 seconds max - currently I have to hold the "HOLD" button for like 3 seconds to unlock the unit! Way too long!
- I want to make playlists on the device, not to import! I don't know currently how to create a playlist :(
- FIX FILE COPY!!! - when I copy files to existing folder sometimes it does not detect the folder is existing and creates new folder with the same name and puts file there. So I end up with 2-3 folders of the same name - nonsense! And please make a program to detect all the folders with same names and to join their files and to put it in one folder as it should! I don't want to do it myself.
WHAT I LIKE
- Very loud sound (but I use big Sony headphones, so with the provided ones I don't know how it will be)
- Very easy to use
- FM radio with digital tuner
- Can automatically scan radiostations and save to presets
- No special software needed to copy files to the device - you just plug it to the computer and use it like a memory card
- Real buttons!!! For a music player I hate if it is touch-screen only - I want buttons!
WHAT I DONT LIKE
- No RDS (however I can live without it)
- Cannot make playlists on the device (import only)
- Time to unlock the unit is long
- Bad screen (but I can live with it - when I listen to music I don't need a nice screen)
- Can play pictures and videos but because of the bad screen this is pretty much useless
- It does have 16GB memory but in reality you use only 14GB - the rest is reserved for system software and buffering I guess, however for both you don't need so much memory
IN THE BOX
- The player
- USB cable for charging or transfering files
- Headphones (never tried them - I have big Sony phones
- User manual or something like it (never read it)
Sony player was the only one in this price segment and 16GB memory to have real buttons and to be able to copy files directly without special software, so for me was no brainer.
July 16, 2014